Working with parents and carers
St. Michael’s school recognises that working in partnership with parents is of major value and importance to the provision in enabling it to provide a happy, caring and stable environment for children and their parents. We will aim to form a good relationship with parents so that information regarding their children (be it developmental, social or health related) can be exchanged easily and comfortably.
- A member of staff is always available for discussion with parents. Arrangements can be made for more private discussions at agreed times;
- Information provided by parents about their children will be kept confidential and treated on a strict need-to-know basis;
- Information regarding the children’s activities throughout the day is always available to parents on a daily basis either by verbal communication or in the child’s own record book.
- If we have any concerns about the child’s well-being during the day every effort will be made to contact the parents or their emergency contact;
- Parents are requested to keep us informed of any changes to personal circumstances, which may have an effect upon a child, e.g. change of address, telephone number, doctor, emergency contact.
- Parents are also requested to keep us informed of any circumstances which could have an effect on a child’s emotional wellbeing, e.g. bereavement, separation or illness in family.